BEST PRACTICES FOR AZLTA MEMBERS
AzLTA is the go-to resource for all members seeking answers to everything from SBA Loans to CARES Act and signing up to be considered for the Hospitality for Hope Initiative. AzLTA has created a best-practices, member-to-member, resource page where YOUR new ideas might help fellow members stay in business.
Please consider filling out the survey and sharing “best practices” that you have implemented at your property – it is crucial to have an open forum in these trying times and pass along helpful information to your fellow members – we’re all in this together.
All submissions will be added in the section below.
AzLTA Safe Stay/Best Practices Guidelines for Hotel Industry
In partnership with the American Hotel and Lodging Association (AHLA), AzLTA has compiled the latest health and safety guidelines and resources for reopening Arizona’s travel and hospitality businesses to support and offer helpful information to our lodging members during these uncertain and unprecedented times.
The standards of Safe Stay were developed under the guidance of an Advisory Council, comprised of industry leaders representing all segments of the hotel industry, and in conjunction with public health experts to advance best practices for protecting against the coronavirus. Click here to view AzLTA’s Safe Stay Reopening Guidelines & Best Practices.
FEEDBACK FROM MEMBERS
- “Increased focus on pre-registration and pre-arrival experience to reduce necessary interaction with team members in-person.”
- “Laminated signs on all pool chairs that can be flipped over to display the chair that has been sanitized.”
- “Reducing or spreading out tables and chairs in our restaurant and at the pool area.”
- “Limiting the size of wellness classes, farm tours, and other activities in support of social distancing.”
- “Cross department training/work.”
- “Adding more hiking trails and outdoor activities.”
- “Plexiglass at concierge desk and floor decals every 6 feet.”
- “Added a section to the website as well as local and OTA partners that clearly states all we have done and are continuing to do area by
area for staff and guests’ safety.”
- “We are using a large spray container with a misting nozzle to spray an EPA approved sanitizer over each chair after use.”
- “Using PPE whenever necessary, such as handling luggage, valet parking, and handling any guest amenities.”
- “Ozone machines to help disinfect guestrooms and public spaces when they are unoccupied.”