AHF STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP
The AHF Scholarships are offered to Arizona students. Scholarship funding is based on a first-come first-served basis and meeting the application requirements. Up to $1,500.00 per year is available to a full-time qualified student enrolled in studies exploring career paths in the lodging, hospitality, travel and tourism industry. Past scholarship recipients and past applicants are encouraged to reapply by submitting a new application. Awarding of scholarships will be at the sole discretion of the AHF board of trustees.
Basic requirements to apply for the scholarship are:
- Be an Arizona resident
- Students must be enrolled in a hospitality, hotel, restaurant, culinary arts or tourism program at a two or four-year degree granting Arizona community college or university
- Enrolled in at least 9 units at the time application is made.
- Have earned a 2.75 overall GPA for all completed culinary arts or hospitality and tourism management courses completed.
- Must submit 500-word essay describing personal background
How to apply for an AHF scholarship:
The application form must be completed and submitted with the following attachments:
- A current resume of education, work experience, and other relevant information normally found on a resume used when applying for a job.
- A brief essay of up to 500 words describing his/her personal background, including answers to the following questions:
- Why do you think the hospitality or tourism industry is the right career choice for you?
- How will this scholarship help you achieve your career objectives and future goals?
- A copy of the transcript of classes completed and grades at your current school and the classes currently being taken. The transcript may be downloaded from the school website.
- May include a recommendation by the General Manager or operating officer of a lodging or tourism place of employment. Recommendations should be in writing.
- Digital photo/head shot in .jpeg or .png format for use in publicity, along with the photo release form.
Fund distributions and scholarship process:
- All communications between the Foundation and the student concerning the scholarship process will be via email.
- Upon acceptance by the Arizona Hotel Foundation board, the applicant will be notified of the award via email. Scholarships are awarded on a semester or quarterly basis during the school year.
- Payments will be made by check and will be sent directly to the postsecondary upon receipt of a current registration, transcript and class schedule of at least 9 units.