2021 Legislative Priorities
The Arizona Lodging & Tourism Association (AzLTA) serves as the statewide voice of advocacy for Arizona’s travel, tourism, sports and hospitality industry. Our advocacy efforts take place at the local, state and national levels and cover a wide range of policy items.
Policies at the forefront of our 2021 legislative agenda at the state level include:
- Tourism Marketing Authorities: Enact enabling legislation that allows for the creation of Tourism Marketing Authorities (TMAs) across the state. TMAs will provide critical resources across the state to promote local tourism.
- COVID-19 Liability Protections: Protect Arizona businesses by enacting liability protections including safe harbors, immunity, and indemnification from frivolous COVID-19 lawsuits.
- Additional Investment for Tourism Industry: Invest additional dollars into Arizona’s statewide and local tourism promotion campaigns to ensure the state is able to recapture market share when large scale traveling resumes.
- Peer-to-Peer: Allow the tourism industry to benefit from additional dollars being added to its Arizona Sports and Tourism Authority marketing allocation, in a fair and equitable manner with existing car rental companies, while creating jobs and opportunities for Arizonans in this time of economic need.
- Short-Term Rentals: Support legislation that is introduced that will provide for equity in the lodging and tourism industry. Examples of this include legislation sponsored by Senator Mesnard which would have changed short-term rental property classification to class one property for property tax purposes. Another example is a piece of legislation that would have addressed short-term rental enforcement and penalties.
- Threat of Industry Ordinances: Oppose efforts to establish local ordinances that will impose costly and burdensome regulations on the travel and hospitality industry.
More information and updates on legislation can be found at azleg.gov, then type in the bill number.
Find State Legislator.
For all media and public affairs requests please contact:
Media & Public Affairs