2021 Legislative Priorities
The Arizona Lodging & Tourism Association (AzLTA) serves as the statewide voice of advocacy for Arizona’s travel, tourism, sports and hospitality industry. Our advocacy efforts take place at the local, state and national levels and cover a wide range of policy items.
Policies at the forefront of our 2021 legislative agenda at the state level include:
- S.B. 1101 & H.B. 2161 Tourism Marketing Authorities (Rep. Kaiser and Sen. Pace): Enact enabling legislation that allows for the creation of Tourism Marketing Authorities (TMAs) across the state. TMAs will provide critical resources across the state to promote local tourism.
- S.B. 1377 Civil Liability; Public Health Pandemic (Sen. Leach): Provides targeted and reasonable liability protections for businesses, educational providers, and the health care industry working diligently to protect their employees, customers, and patients.
- S.B. 1720 Peer-to-Peer Car Sharing (Sen. Fann): Establishes guidelines for insurance requirements, safety recalls, taxation and surcharge collection for vehicle sharing transactions that occur on a peer-to-peer car-sharing program.
- H.B. 2481 Short-term Rentals; Enforcement; Penalties (Rep. Kavanagh): Allows a city or town to restrict vacation rentals to specific zoning districts and require vacation rentals to have a permit. It would also require a multi-unit residential structure that is owned and operated by an online lodging marketplace to comply with building code requirements.
- Additional Investment for Tourism Industry: Invest additional dollars into Arizona’s statewide and local tourism promotion campaigns to ensure the state is able to recapture market share when large-scale traveling resumes.
- Threat of Industry Ordinances: Oppose efforts to establish local ordinances that will impose costly and burdensome regulations on the travel and hospitality industry.
More information and updates on legislation can be found at azleg.gov, then type in the bill number.
Find State Legislator.
For all media and public affairs requests please contact:
Media & Public Affairs